What is ReadyMap Tiles?
ReadyMap Tiles is a pre-tiled, worldwide collection of satellite imagery and elevation data that is ready for immediate use in virtually any environment.
Data preparation is a labor-intensive, expensive task. We can help. ReadyMap Tiles is a cost-effective, plug-and-play service for anyone who needs a worldwide base map without the cost and effort of becoming a GIS expert, sourcing data, and spending weeks or months creating a usable geospatial dataset.
Take a Look
Here is a preview of the worldwide imagery in ReadyMap Tiles. It's a composite of visible-spectrum 15m Landsat data and 500m Blue Marble-NG data.
About the Data
- Imagery: Worldwide composite of UMD Global Land Cover Facility ETM+ data (up to 15m resolution over land) and NASA BlueMarble-NG data (~500m resolution in ocean areas). We applied our own custom image processing algorithms to transform the raw data into the visible spectrum. Format = TMS/JPEG.
- Elevation: Worldwide composite of SRTM height fields, a composite of CGIAR-CSI SRTM (up to 90m data over land) and SRTM 30+ bathymetric from UCSD (~1km resolution in ocean areas). Each tile is a 1-channel grid with matching edges. Format = TMS/TIFF.
- Data comes pre-tiled according to the Tile Map Service (TMS) specification up to level 13 (130+ million tiles)
- Stored on a USB 3.0 external hard drive for plug-and-play operation with Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems
- Dataset is ready to use by TMS-compliant software such as osgEarth, OpenLayers, Leaflet, etc. either behind a simple HTTP server or straight from disk.
The ReadyMap Tiles preparation and delivery service costs $20K USD. The data is packaged on an external USB3 hard drive. The service is currently available to US customers only.
Terms & Conditions
To use this dataset, we require that you:
- Agree to never make the data publicly available in any way
- Agree to only redistribute the data as an integrated component of another software system
- Agree not to resell the data outside the context of an integrated system
- Agree to abide by any attribution or other legal requirements imposed by the originators of the source data components