What is ReadyMap Tiles?
ReadyMap Tiles is a pre-tiled, worldwide collection of satellite imagery and elevation data that is ready for immediate use in virtually any environment.
Data preparation is a labor-intensive, expensive task. We can help. ReadyMap Tiles is a cost-effective, plug-and-play service for anyone who needs a worldwide base map without the cost and effort of becoming a GIS expert, sourcing data, and spending weeks or months creating a usable geospatial dataset.
Take a Look
Here is a preview of ReadyMap Tiles. Use your mouse to zoom, pan, and tilt.
About the Data
- Imagery: Worldwide composite of UMD Global Land Cover Facility ETM+ data (up to 15m resolution over land) and NASA BlueMarble-NG data (~500m resolution in ocean areas). We applied our own custom image processing algorithms to transform the raw data into the visible spectrum. Format = TMS/JPEG.
- Elevation: Worldwide composite of CGIAR-CSI SRTM (up to 90m data over land) and SRTM 30+ bathymetric from UCSD (~1km resolution in ocean areas). Each tile is a 1-channel grid with matching edges. Format = TMS/TIFF.
- Data comes pre-tiled according to the Tile Map Service (TMS) specification up to level 13 (130+ million tiles)
- Stored on a USB 3.0 external hard drive for plug-and-play operation with Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems
- Dataset is ready to use by TMS-compliant software such as osgEarth, OpenLayers, Cesium, Leaflet, etc. either behind a simple HTTP server or straight from disk.
Getting the Data
Preparation and delivery of the ReadyMap Tiles dataset is subject to a one-time fee, its use is subject to the Terms and Conditions outlined below. The data is packaged on an external USB3 hard drive. The service is currently available to US customers only.
Terms & Conditions
To use this dataset, we require that you:
- Agree to never make the data available publically or "program-wide"
- Agree to only redistribute the data, in whole or in part, as an integrated component of a directly licensed commercial software product or in a closed research environment
- Agree not to resell the data or any derivatives of the data in any form
- Agree to abide by any attribution or other legal requirements imposed by the originators of the source data components